22 Aug 2022
Today we publish our financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022
- Total energy sold during the first half of 2022 was 71.8 gigawatt hour (GWh), an increase of 105% over the first half of 2021; utilizing 100% green energy.
- Total revenues rose 148.3% to €50.7 million during the first half of 2022, as compared to the same 2021 period; charging revenue more than doubled, and services revenue increased nearly three-fold.
- Charging revenue benefited from the acquisition of Mega-E assets (consolidated as of March 17, 2022), which added more than 100 sites and nearly 770 charge ports, mainly fast-and-ultra-fast, consistent with the Company’s strategic focus.
- The total number of charging sessions increased 74.2% to 4.4 million during the first half of 2022, compared to the similar 2021 period of 2.6 million.
- In the first half of 2022, the average utilization rate1 nearly doubled to 8.3% from 4.3% in the same period in 2021. The momentum continued in July, with utilization at 11.5%, compared with 6.1% in the similar prior-year month.
- Backlog increased to 1,100 sites, representing an increase of 120% compared to the prior-year period.
- Acquired MOMA, an R&D software platform, to further solidify Allego’s technological edge to fully control the Company’s entire set of proprietary technologies and enhance its energy management.
- Entered several milestone partnerships with blue-chip customers, further strengthening the Company’s footprint in 15 European countries.
- Successfully exercised an accordion under the existing credit facility of €50.0 million, increasing the total facility to €170.0 million and maintaining flexibility.